At Medway Tackle Supplies we are committed to keeping your personal data safe. Your personal data is not shared with any third parties and the data you provide to us is only used to process your order, answer your enquiry or if you have subscribed to hear from us.
Who we are
Our website is powered by iZettle.
iZettle offers Medway Tackle Supplies a hosted service which involves the submission, collection and/or use of personally identifiable information about our customers. iZettle has robust mechanisms in place to make sure the transfer of your data complies with data protection laws.
iZettle provide encryption technology to protect your data from unauthorised access, as well as measures to control access rights to your data. We can retrieve, correct, delete and restrict the use and sharing of your data. If we receive a data subject request from our customers, we will use controls provided to us by iZettle to respond to them. If iZettle receive a request directly from our customers, they will notify us immediately.
What information do we collect?
There are different types of personal information and data that we collect to process your orders.
The personal information includes:
· Your full name
· Your address
· Your email address (if applicable)
· Your card payment details (although these are not stored by us).
This data is collected when a user purchases a product from us or fills in the contact us form on our website.
Data collection methods
· Purchasing a product from us - full name, address, email address and card payment details which each customer will provide to us at the time of placing an order.
· Contact us form - name and email address which each customer will provide to us at the time of using the contact us form on our website.
How do we use personal information?
The personal information you provide to us via one (or more) of the data collection methods listed above, is used in different ways:
· Purchasing a product from us – your full name, address, email address and card payment details will be used to physically process your order(s) and get your items dispatched to you. Our website provider, iZettle, processes payments on our behalf. None of these details will be shared with any third party.
· Contact us form – your name and email address will only be used to reply to your message to resolve your enquiry and will not be shared with any third party.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Your personal data will be kept by us for varying lengths of time, depending on the process:
· Purchasing a product from us – details given to us when placing an order will be used to process that order only.
· Contact us form – the personal data you enter on this form will only be used to get back to you to answer your enquiry. Once your enquiry has been dealt with, the information will be deleted.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you can request to see the personal data we hold about you. You are also fully entitled to have the personal data we hold about you corrected, updated or deleted as necessary. You can also withdraw your consent to us processing your data at any time.
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, should you feel this is necessary, and you have the right to exercise this right at any time. All you need to do is get in touch with us using the contact details below.
How to contact us
· Email [email protected]
· Fill in the contact us form on our website
· Phone 01634 475260
· Write to Medway Tackle Supplies, 11 Twydall Green, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 6JY.